Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One Thing

WOW what can I say about One Thing '09?  It was amazing.  It was a conference held in Kansas City, MO Dec 28-31 by the International House of Prayer Missions Base.  The football-stadium sized conference center literally jumped - the concrete moved as 20,000 worshipped and danced.  It wasn't just the services, the worship, or the environment.  What was so amazing was the Spirit of God in that place.  I was so encouraged to see so many young adults worshipping the Lord with true freedom and abandon - and with that, a renewed sense of purpose and destiny.  Many had been healed during the four days we were there.  I missed it when we left.  Honestly, if I don't do anything else, I know I can be satisfied by the Presence of the Lord.  Why do I settle for things of this world?  We are so afraid - afraid of what 'true abandonment' to God looks like.  Let me ask you this, what would it look like to let someone recklessly love you?  And for you to abandon yourself to that love?  If you've ever had a glimpse of pure love - it's pretty powerful.  That is God's heart for us.  Our life, our desire for prayer and wholeness... everything stems out of intimacy with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment